30 August 2018: Tying up loose ends.

Dear readers,

I am sorry, I have failed to keep my promise, so I am making up for it now.

When I started this project and blog, I said I would round it up and donate the money at the end of 2017, or maybe early 2018. It's august now, and I found out (as I have several times) that I did not donate the money yet.
Now, I promised to double the money, but I decided to do more than that:
The total donation's amounted to €77,02. I added €122,98 to make a nice round total of €200.
And, I just donated the money to the Dutch branch of the WCRF, which is the WKOF.
As soon as I received the confirmation, I will post it here as well.

Thank you to everyone who read my blogs, and who went with me on this journey!

Sincerely,

Dimitri



Don't read on if you are not interested in me personally, nor in sensitive or heavy subjects.



Now for some full disclosure about the how and why:
The last blog post I made was the first week of January, and I was tired back then. Not long after I got the flu, and I wasn't able to do much until late February. Then I had tests to focus on, and afterwards I had forgotten to wrap this up. Every time I did think about it, I forgot before I had an opportunity.
By then it was early April, and something else happened:

The past year was tough for me: starting this project, moving out, (finally) finishing secondary school, and then some. It was so tough on me, that my life began to feel heavier and heavier.
Now, I have already been through a depression some 3 years ago, but you can get so-called 'Recidivous Episodes', which means you relive your depression in a lighter, shorter way. So now, instead of a mild depression for about 18 months, I had a light depression, with ups and downs, for 5 months. I feel a lot better again, but I can tell it left a mark.
Anyway, I did not do much or think of things like this, naturally.

Now I am starting my University Bachelor, and I saw the money I had set apart on my bank account. Then and there I decided to finish this chapter, before starting a new one.

So here I am now, I finished, I made it through and stronger than ever.
So thanks again. Thank you, whoever you are. Even if you don't know me, or just read this blog for the first time.
Thank you, and may the light always shine in your life!

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

My plan for charity

Day 44 of 184: 13th of August 2017: Holidays are still hard

Day 19 of 184: 19th of July 2017, holidays are hard