Day 153 of 184: 30th of November: The final month approaches: I'll match donations (For every €1 given, I also give €1)

Dear readers,

It's been way too long, and I'm so sorry!
I could make all kinds of excuses (I got busy with school, then I got sick, this is all true) but it doesn't matter. It's no use crying over spilled milk.
However, I will actively set out to make up for something this last month, by posting samll updates more regularly.

Since a few weeks I have been thinking about how I would trim my beard, and what not.
I think I might even shave using my bushcraft survival knife, as that seems like a cool thing to do, and it is razor sharp anyway.
If I do so, I'll make a video of it and share it in the google album.
I might video the shaving anyway, but will probably just take pictues.

Another thing I decided, as donations are low, is to match donations.
I am not super rich, but I can miss the money easily, and this feels right.
So, feel free to donate, so we can all help to fund research against cancer.

Yours sincerely,

Dimitri


P.S.
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden

I was looking for an inspirational quote, about how sometimes our actions seem so futile. What can one little droplet make as a difference in a bucket full? But what if that little droplet is just enough to make the water flow over the edge of the bucket? And what if not?
I think this quote takes a different part, but fits with the thought: Ideas are great, so, why not turn them into actions? This also embodies my project I think. I started with wanting to get a haircut, when just one simple though crossed my mind. I had to crystallise it, give it some time and thought. That was my 'castle in the air/sky' and I gave it a foundation, by doing this.

So, again, I greet you, but now with a well wishing to all of you.

May your days be happy. May your love be great. May your body be healthy. May your friends and family be many, and always nearby. May those things you desire come true. And above all may you be who you are.


Dimitri.


P.P.S.
I have updated the Google Photos Album, which I hadn't done since early September (oops, sorry)
If you look through the pictures, you'll find some of me painting or laying floor, since that's what I had to do in my appartment. You will also see some with white bandaids and scabs on my right eyebrow, this is now a scar already, because while moving on October 14th something hit my head. You see, I have a bed made of scaffolding tubes and planks, and as we were putting it together; my father adjusted one side, I did the other, and a friend who helped me move held the thing steady; one of the tubes slid out of its socket, and fell on my eyebrow. No major damage was done, it was glued that evening, but I did have a nasty headache for a few days, and now I have another scar in my face, so yeah...

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

My plan for charity

Day 44 of 184: 13th of August 2017: Holidays are still hard

Day 19 of 184: 19th of July 2017, holidays are hard